Pages

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Why this blog?

So some of you may be wondering why in fact I have been talked into this blog. In fact, I asked myself and my friends that encouraged this blog, that same question. Then it was explained to me that the experiences that I take for granted as normal everyday occurrences were in fact not.

For example: Have you ever gone somewhere and inexplicably been trapped by an impromptu graduation ceremony? Have you ever been talked into going to a funeral for someone you don’t know by co-workers? Have you ever been thrown in Disneyland Jail? Do you and your significant other argue (even eleven years later) and still not agree on your anniversary? Disagree to the point that your friends call you and wish you a happy anniversary on your claimed days? For me, the answer to all of the above questions is yes.

See, I just have a habit of thinking everything is a potential adventure and most of the time they are indeed. I also love to find the absurd in any situation and exploit it to its fullest capacity. So when people ask me if I would be interested I something, I say” Sure, why not?” This response usually leads to these scenarios.

So if you’re interested in following the odd journey that happens to be my life feel free to follow along. I have had a lot of adventures in my life and I don’t think that will change anytime soon.

1 comment:

  1. EM you know you had a great time at that funeral, as wrong as that may sound. Having the widow walk up to you and ask “how did you know my husband?” always adds a certain bit of excitement to life that not everyone gets to experience.

    ReplyDelete